Navigation

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sweet Lovin' Baby

Sweet Lovin' Baby by Yamaji Ebine
Overall: No Thank You
Smexy Times: Dry
Art: Crap








I don't think I've ever reviewed a series of one-shots. How exciting. Of course, these one shots aren't very good, but, you know. The idea of reviewing something new is exciting by itself. 


So the first chapter is about a lesbian couple who have been going out for around five years. They make a new friend, sort of bringing her into their lives. The femme lesbian is always talking about threesomes and stuff. She's pretty interesting. Especially when she decides that she wants to go be straight and marry a man to procreate. The poor butch lesbian. But I guess it all works out in the end, when the third wheel and the butch get together. 
This one shot is probably the best of the three. Although I really wish the three of them could have been together without the complications. They had interesting dynamics with each other. (I'm not at all opposed to polygamy as long as all sides are equal and willing.)


The next chapter is pretty cute actually. Shorter than the first, but still pretty okay overall. It's just a short story about a girl who gets stuck in the rain and another girl who lets her stay in her apartment. They talk about problems, become close, and kiss, with the promise of a relationship for the future. I like the main girl's hair in this one. Actually, I like the designs for both of the girls. 


The third chapter is where the quality goes downhill fast. I wasn't paying much attention during this one, but what I did get was that a creepy looking girl liked a butch girl. But butch girl isn't actually a lesbian. She just looks like one because girl clothes don't look good on her or something. Honestly, I just wasn't interested. 


The last one was, by far, the worst. The art suddenly got horrible. I mean, I couldn't even focus on the story, it was so bad! I just tried to get through it as fast as I could. (Not like the story part was even that good or interesting.)


As you go through this series of one shots, they just keep getting worse. I can't recommend the last two at all, especially the last one. But the first two are interesting enough to bump up the rating. But the art in all of these is pretty terrible. I think the art in the second story was the best, but the first story's art wasn't bad either. Overall, this isn't really interesting, but you could try checking it out. 
(Though the first story just makes me want to go searching for a yuri polygamous relationship in a manga. I don't think I'll find one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment